Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Everything In Moderation

I guess I learned that the hard way. I gained 3 pounds over the weekend! I about had a fit when I got up and weighed 146.9. Then I took a few deep breaths and thought. Super Bowl Sunday was an eat fest. And everything had a TON of salt! TOM is ready for a visit soon. So I'm sure a good portion of it is simple water retention. I just felt like such a slug, lead balloon style.

So for the last two days I've kept my focus well. I got up and exercised each morning. Planned out my meals and snacks completely. Avoiding any processed snacks, I stuck exclusively to filling foods. And I snuck a peek on the scale. It looks like I am down 2 out of 3 pounds. But I'll have to wait until Thursday's weigh in to be sure.

Tonight was bowling night. I'm a lousy bowler, but I have such a good time! My mom in law talked me into joining a league with her this year and am I ever glad I did! My game has improved (very) slightly and I'm still the lowest average bowler in the league. But I'm there every Tuesday night rain or shine - on in the case of tonight's weather . . snow! I earn a couple of activity points swinging the ball around. I save them for a glass of wine and a snack when I get home. Tonight I bowled a 123 (my average is . . . sigh . . . 93) so that's pretty good for me. And I'm now enjoying my snack: 4 phyllo cups with 1/2 TBSP marshmallow fluff and 1 tsp of mini chocolate chips in the center. Baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Yummy little s'more's cups.

No comments: